Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Workout Wannabe

The workout is going fine. I've only been averaging a couple of visits per week but that is enough for now. The gym is crazy crowded. Mike, the workout king wannabe, hates this time of year because it's when all the New Years resolution folk have a go at everything.


When I arrive at the gym, I make a bee-line for the machines - ellipticals, bikes, treadmills, whatever is available. I'm like a mouse and that sometimes lone machine is the cheese. I like the machines because I can watch television and take my mind off of the sweat dripping down my face, back, etc. I saw a co-worker who had completed an hour of circuit training and was sad that no one from her class was up for jogging on the track tonight. She is in excellent shape and would run circles around me so I'm glad that I was headed home.

I feel pretty good . . . after my 50 minute workout is over. My target area is down under. My northern hemisphere is not so bad. Not saying I can't pinch an inch above the equator but it's the southern area that needs some work. I'm a little pear that doesn't need any more ripening, if you know what I mean.

The best part of the workout is coming home to my little man. Jack and I played hockey with two plastic golf clubs and a ball and jumped over a slinky that we pretended was a rope tonight. He's a good jumper. Oh, we also played hide-and-seek, but Jack always gave away his hiding place - the same place each time. He's so stinkin' cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment