Monday, January 4, 2010

Gym Lessons Learned

I joined a nearby gym through a reduced membership program offered by work. It's been awhile since I've been to a gym. I still feel like I don't have much time to devote to it and, frankly, I feel guilty when I'm not with Jack even though he's in Mike's capable hands.

 
I've been to the gym twice since the beginning of this year and these are the lessons I've learned. 
  • Airlines give out free headphones for a reason. They're insta junk. I tried to use one tonight and it busted on me.
  • If you're wearing a black bra to work, it's probably a good idea to bring a different colored bra (say white) if you wear a white t-shirt to the gym. AKA I don't want to do the Bridget Jones thing. It's a good thing my t-shirt was a thick one.
  • The track is like a race track for bi-pedals. I use the walk lane to cool down after a jog on the tread mill. Others use it as a passing change to run past another runner who is too slow for them. Good thing the walk lane is wider than the runner lane.
Despite feeling guilty when I'm away from Jack, it feels good to be back at a gym, although it really feels like a workout, not so much fun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment