Thursday, February 18, 2010

Things I Love Doing with My Boy



Before Jack goes to bed, we spend time on mommy and daddy's bed and read books. I love reading books with him and it's a way to get him to unwind and hopefully instill in him a love for reading. Tonight, we had a See and Spy book and he pointed to the numbers and said, "Number." That's a first and pretty exciting. He doesn't know which number is which on paper but he'll learn. And I love when he counts. He'll say, "1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10."

We have a routine that we keep with Jack so when it gets close to bedtime, I help him brush his teeth. Routines are good for children but, because Jack knows what's coming next, he's less than cooperative. I was wishing for a mini Jaws of Life tonight so I could pry the toothbrush out of his clamped teeth.

My boy loves bouncing on his bed. Maybe he's inspired by the Olympics, Skippyjonjones or it's just another stall tactic. Anyway, while I was trying to pray with him tonight, he got all bouncy and then he'd fall down. Of course, Jack was okay but to reassure me he'd say, "I ok, momma."

What a stinkbug!

No comments:

Post a Comment