Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Where Did December Go?



"Jack in the box." Why bother with Christmas presents?

I knew that once the holidays began with Thanksgiving, that the rest of the year would fly by and it did.

We spent two wonderful weekends with our families for Christmas. And our Christmas continues into January when we will visit with Jack's birth family and have a wild and crazy time.

We've actually had two snowfalls this year so far. And I had a white Christmas! I always say that is God's gift to me at Christmas!




 My brother Steven was kind enough to remove the snow from our cars.
Of course, I received several other wonderful gifts this year, including a very special present that arrived before Christmas, and foot pajamies, a rolling pin and Nano Ipod.
We attended Christmas Eve mass this year, a tradition in our house. You have to get there an hour early to get good seats because everybody goes on Christmas Eve. We didn't arrive there that early so we were fortunate to find seats near the front.

My brother Doug directed the choir.
My brother Billy and uncle Henry lent their voices to the choir.
Our niece Meaghan helped shoulder Jesus on his way to the manger during the traditional procession. She's the fourth girl on the right. I was one of those lucky girls back in first grade too.
The younger boys in the procession wore outfits like my brothers did many moons ago.
Jesus is the reason for the season.
My brother, SIL and their two children.
Me with Jack and nephew Garrett.
We hope you had a Merry Christmas and here's hoping for a wonderful New Year!




No comments:

Post a Comment