Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Work

I've been under the weather lately. I guess it's that time of year when things start making their rounds. So, I'm trying to catch up with the posts that I've had in my head for a while.

I spent last Thursday afternoon and part of the evening at the local airport (probably where I started getting sick). The FAA requires airports to have mock emergency drills in order to prepare them for the real thing. The airport crew and surrounding units practiced on a stainless steel plane that cost a little more than a million dollars.
I spent half of my time on the ground getting close to the action and the other half of my time on a mobile tower/ladder thing, huffing and puffing up and down it (a steep stair master) so I could get some aerial views. My story is due tomorrow and I'm very proud of what I've accomplished with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment