Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend in Review

"I put a spell on you."

We had a wonderful weekend spent with family and friends. On Friday night, we headed to Jack's birth family's school for their carnival. If I remember correctly, the carnival raises funds for the school's year book. We had a fun time playing games and using the tickets that we won to buy some little toys.

We joined family for church and dinner on Saturday evening. This verse read from the gospel of Luke that evening always reminds me of adoption, "If you are not trustworthy with what belongs to another, who will give you what is yours?" When we adopted Jack, the state required that we wait six months until we could finalize his adoption. In the meantime, we were visited by our social worker three times. These visits were intended to check on us to see if we were being good custodians. In adoption, the birth family entrusts you with their child. During the six month wait, you hope that you will eventually be given what is "yours" in the eyes of the state. Of course, that finalization didn't cut Jack off from his birth family but it did make things official. We could officially call our little man our son. 

Today, we joined family for breakfast at IHOP - great company and good food. Then we visited Grandma and Grandpa. Jack has a Grandma and Grandpa song. When he started singing it this morning, I knew we were headed back to my home town. We had a lot of fun hanging out with my parents, Aunt JeNae and Meaghan and Garrett. Meaghan and Jack had fun trying on her I Carly hats from Grandma.

Jack is doing very well for potty training with number one. Number two still needs work.

I can't believe tomorrow is Monday and my legs are hairy again. (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment