Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Superman with a motor

One of the things I love about my job is meeting people and seeing things that I probably wouldn't in a somewhat "normal" job. Last night, a couple of co-workers, Jack and I met a city employee behind a grade school for a video shoot. We are starting a series called "Off the Clock," featuring city employees and what they do for fun. Last night, a police officer allowed us to film him paramotoring, one of his favorite pastimes. The above picture illustrates this activity, not the guy. I "borrowed" it from Wickipedia.

Watching this guy fly in the sky was amazing. Like he said, it's much better than a hot air balloon. You don't have to have a land crew following you. You have more control over where you're going. And the equipment breaks down and can fit in a trunk, so no trailer is necessary.

Who hasn't wished they could fly? This is an expensive hobby and there is quite a bit of training involved, so I don't think I'll be getting my wings anytime soon. Maybe I'll start with a Vespa scooter. (In my dreams.)

No comments:

Post a Comment