Thursday, June 3, 2010

From Trash to Treasure

I am volunteering at a huge rummage sale event on Saturday where people buy stuff that college kids leave behind. Proceeds benefit area non profit organizations. The organizations receive their allotment based on the number of volunteers they recruit. For the past several years, I have volunteered for the Salvation Army. I attended a meeting for volunteers tonight so I got a sneak peek at the goods.

There are some good buys at the sale including more than a dozen mini fridges and electronics. Those are hot ticket items and are gone within minutes after the gates open. For Twilight fans, I saw an Edward doll for $10. There are also many nice comforters, some furniture and lamps. Among the clothes, I found a girl's jacket with "Buttercup" written across the chest area and another jacket with "Baby Phat." I don't think I can get away with wearing that stuff anymore. I don't think I ever could. :)

Wake up call is at 4:15 a.m. on Saturday. Anyone care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment