Monday, June 14, 2010

The Heckler

Today, I had my first run-in with the man known as "The Heckler." With our move to a new building, we are now parking in a different location. This means I often pass by a man who alternates between sitting and sleeping on a bench between two government buildings. Last week, a friend warned that The Heckler doesn't like people who wear suits. He also shows his displeasure when people ignore and don't talk to him.


As I walked to my car this afternoon, I saw him sitting on the bench, warming up his routine. There were two guys in front of me, one in a suit. I squeaked out, "Good afternoon!" He said, "I'm so (beepin') tired of this!" I managed to mutter, "Ok," then quickly moved on. I wonder what would happen if a person yelled back at him. I don't think I'm brave enough to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment