Monday, May 20, 2013

My Parish's 175th Anniversary

My hometown parish is celebrating 175 years of faith this month. Yesterday, the bishop held a special mass and members of the congregation gathered afterwards for fellowship and delicious food. Next Sunday, there is going to be a parade and entertainment will be held on the parish grounds. Side note: the parish grounds belonged to my ancestors, one of the first founders of Rich Fountain. He donated the land for the church and school.
  Sacred Heart School - where I attended grades 1st through 8th.


 My sister-in-law with her son Alex and my Maggie.
My brother, his wife and the oldest member of the parish.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, a sign on our church.
A special place devoted to the innocent victims of abortion.

No comments:

Post a Comment