Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weekend in Review

I can't believe tomorrow is Monday already. I had such a wonderful weekend. On Friday night, we met up with Jack's former foster family, the great EE, Uncle Steve and kiddos. And the only picture I took was this, Jack's squishy face as he tried to squeeze behind the chairs. Sad, but mean ol' mommy just had to take his picture. He was so stinkin' cute.EE took some nice picures so I'm looking forward to seeing them.Yesterday, we celebrated my nephew Garrett's birthday. We are also blessed that he is our Godson. Garrett's operation is Wednesday. He has a lesion on his brain and the doctors wanted to wait until he was at least two to remove it. So, we have been saying a lot of prayers. First, that God bless the doctors and Garrett. Second, that they remove all the lesion. Third, that he doesn't need chemo. And fourth, that it never comes back again. The doctor has done a lot of surgeries like the one he is performing on Garrett.

Meaghan's gummi casserole, a dish I could really sink my teeth into.Mike and Meaghan wrestling. That girls loves to tustle!But she's also a good snuggler.Jack enjoyed his cupcake!And just because one picture of his chocolate face is not enough.Today, we enjoyed yummy food at a parish fall festival, took a nap and then picked up walnuts.I enjoy picking up walnuts. It's nice to be outside and it was beautiful this afternoon. Jack picked several walnuts but decided that he'd rather carry them around then actually fill the bucket.We also saw an oppossum. He wasn't this close. I had to zoom in for this shot.I think I'm the only person who thinks that oppossums have a small cute factor to them. The walnut picking ended with some drama as Jack, who had been carrying a walnut, got some brown stuff on Meaghan's hand. She was T-I-R-E-D and ready for a meltdown. So, we went home and cleaned up the kids. Here's Miss Meaghan, posing as a librarian or school marm.A walking stick! Shortly after taking the next picture, the little guy landed on my shoulder. I admit, I freaked out a little and then let him go on his merry way. Today is Respect Life Sunday. Consider saying a prayer that more people will respect life especially the precious lives belonging to unborn babies. Their lives are in our hands. Also, please say a prayer for the sick so my little nephew will be included in your prayers. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment