Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Weekend in Review

Maggie Rose smiles after licking icing off her cupcake.

We had a fun, busy weekend. The two oldest went to the store with me to pick out the design for Liam's birthday cake on Saturday. It's hard to believe my little man is going to be two next month. Where does the time go? While we were at the store, we just had to pick up cupcakes even though I had told the boys we were not buying anything.
Yum - someone else liked the icing more than the cake.
 Matthew is getting so big. He even has dimples in his knuckles...awe...

On Sunday, we visited our friends at the retirement center. The visit was doomed from the beginning. I had planned on bringing Maggie but then Liam decided to go, then Jack cried because it wasn't fair if he didn't go too. The boys don't do very well in small spaces so the visit was short.
Later that morning, I visited a wonderful high school friend I hadn't seen for several years. I don't know why it has taken us so long to get together. We had so much fun. Our boys had a lot of fun too so I hope we see each other again in the near future.
My friend's mom made this quilt, nicely modeled by Jack, for Maggie Rose when we began our international adoption journey. I had no idea so it was a very nice surprise when Gayla gave that to us.

That afternoon, the three oldest and I went to the local symphony society's presentation of Peter and the Wolf. Well, we lasted about 30 to 40 minutes. We missed Ronald McDonald's appearance but at least the kids were exposed a little to the instruments and beautiful music.

Needless to say, we were exhausted after our long weekend. This weekend should be fun with an early Fourth of July celebration!


No comments:

Post a Comment