Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Birth Mommies and Falling for Jack's Tricks

We have talked to the boys about their adoptions and birth families from the very beginning. Jack has a keen sense of his birth family. In the past when we've visited Liam's family, Jack will ask with some sadness, "When do we get to see my birth family?" When I picked up the boys tonight, our daycare provider told me that the kids were talking about babies being in bellies. Jack informed his friends that I was Matthew's birth mommy. Isn't that one of the sweetest things you've ever heard? Certainly something I never thought I would hear.

Of course, there is the other side of Jack who tries to "trick" people. Last night, he said, "Look mom. There's a big butt!" as I was driving. I was so tired and partially working on reflexes so of course I looked. "I tricked you!" Jack happily replied. Then he tried to trick me with "There's a big brain." And "There's a big everything." Needless to say, I didn't fall for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment