Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend in Review

It's hard to believe that April is almost over. This month has gone by incredibly fast. This weekend was no exception. I wish it would have slowed down. There never seems to be enough hours in a day to visit family and friends.

On Saturday, we visited Liam's birth family and the time spent there was precious. They are a wonderful family and we have a great time when we're with them. During our visit, we met Liam's uncle, great aunt, second cousin and birth father.
We were excited but nervous about meeting Liam's birth father. After all, you only get one shot to make a good first impression. But despite the early awkwardness, probably more me, it was a great opportunity to get to know him. Liam is his little mini-me. They look so much alike. It was also a great time to give Liam's birth mother and birth father a chance to visit with their son in private. They even helped him drift into a peaceful nap. I hope we will have the opportunity to see him again.
On Sunday, we celebrated my brother Steven's birthday.
I'm thinking, "I can't believe this will be me someday."
My nephew Christopher attempts to crush the pinata.
My beautiful niece - what an egg head!
Grandpa and his boys.
We had an eggcellent weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment