Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Special Announcement

Yes, you read Jack's shirt right. Guess who's a big brother again!!!

We are so excited to announce the arrival of our beautiful son, Liam through the miracle of adoption. God has been so good to us. We are incredibly blessed to have these boys and their birth families in our lives. We finalized Liam's adoption and celebrated with his birth family today. Now, Jack has two little brothers - Liam and Eli, his birth mother's son.

We know God is present in our lives. I've keenly felt his presence during our sons' adoptions. I also feel that I have a couple of Grandmas pulling for us on the other side. Jack's birthday just happens to fall on my mother's birthday. Liam's birthday falls on my grandma Rose's birthday (my mom's mom). Sometimes, I think Grandma Rose (I'm sure Grandma Mary is a cohort) is up there looking down and saying, "Yes, I'm here. Did you think I'd forget about you?" Now I'll never forget my grandma's or mom's birthdays.

I would like to thank mom for tagging along with us on our adoption trip. She was a big help with Jack. She made the trip a lot easier for us. Mom and the rest of our families have been very supportive of us and our dreams to have a family.
No words or gesture can express how much love and gratitude we feel towards our sons' birth families. They treat us like family and have welcomed both boys in their arms. Our sons have so many people who love them.

Please say a prayer for women and men who choose adoption for their babies. Adoption is a tough decision but it is one made with so much love, a pure love that gives them the strength to put their child's needs before their own. I would also ask that you pray for women who are pregnant and not sure what to do with the life God has given them. Please pray that they feel God's presence in their lives and that they choose life for their precious miracles.

I'll post more pictures in the future. As you can imagine, I've taken quite a few of Liam over the past 7 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment