Sunday, November 14, 2010

3 Year Olds Say the Darnest Things

We went to a parish dinner with my mom and dad today. After getting in the car to head to the dinner, the following conversation took place:

Jack: "You in (the car) mommy?"

Me: "Yes, honey."

Jack: "Good. Otherwise, you fall out, get hit, I cry, you die."

I sure hope he doesn't have nightmares about this kind of stuff at night. We don't let him watch any shows that would portray violence or scariness like this. Of course, there are cartoons that border the line sometime. In Bolt, the characters fall off a moving train among other action-type scenes.

On another note, someone was Mr. Crabby this afternoon and I found out why. I wondered why Jack was all smiley after I woke up from our nap. Usually, he sleeps longer than me and when he does wake up, he is crabby. Later, I found out that he had not taken a nap and played with Piggy while I slept. "So, you just played in bed while I slept?" I asked. "Uh-huh," Jack answered, with a huge grin on his face. The little turkey.

Please don't tell me he's finished with taking naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment