Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fourth of July!

I meant to post this last night but it was a late one for us.
The weather was pleasant with an overcast sky. It wasn't the typical blazing hot Fourth of July we usually experience, but it's one of the best ones we've celebrated together as a family. First, we made a Flag cake this morning. Jack was my big helper. "I got a yellow moustache momma."
Then we headed to my sister-in-law's parents' house. They live next to a lake that was created in 1971 by a farmer who didn't want the city/state to run a major highway through his land. Instead, he created a huge lake and sold lots. It's a wonderful community. Each year, my SIL's family invites us to join them, a very nice offer.
 We all took turns riding in the neighbor's boat. One of my favorite moments included being serinaded by a young girl playing "The Godfather" theme on her accordian.
Jack even steered the ship on one cruise.
Captain & Tennille. Our nephew Christopher manned the boat during the boat parade.
BGW: Boy Gone Wild. Mike got a little silly during the ride. No beads were thrown.
One of the boats in the parade.
Mike rips out an air guitar classic.
My SIL Mary helps Jack float.
My brother's FIL bought this old motorized horse. Jack loved it!
My brother and dad fishing.
Fireworks!
"We're not worthy of your cool fireworks!"
We hope you all had a happy Fourth of July with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment